Sunday, January 22, 2012

Vertigo and The Lady Eve

Back in May of 2010 I started writing my blog about the wonderful Bit Actors who entertain us in film and on television. In less than two years I have had over 25,000 people from all over the world look at my posts. Even though there are many blogs that blow that number away, I am thrilled and humbled by it.

I started this blog more as therapy than to become some sort of authority on film. I am the first to admit that I have never studied film history, but I do appreciate a good movie. (Heck, I like all films!) In fact, I think I may have been inspired by the film Julie and Julia (2009) to do this. I like to cook as well! I find writing relaxing, and I have fun doing the research.

One of the best things to come out of this effort is the friendship and collaboration that I have found by joining the Classic Movie Blog Association. We all write about movie related topics. Some are pretty general and some are aimed at particular stars or genres, but all are interesting and enjoyable.

There are occasional Blogathons as well.  That is when several writers get together and write about the same topic. I am currently honored to be part of a Vertigo Blogathon at The Lady Eve's Reel Life site. After reading the posts that preceded mine on her site, I was a bit apprehensive about appearing in the company of people who are so familiar with the topic, and are also such wonderful writers.

I hope you will stop by and read my post, and also all of the other posts in the month long series. It is an incredible banquet of all things Vertigo, and provides insight and explanations of all aspects of that wonderful 1958 film, and Alfred Hitchcock. Hitch was a master, and some of the posts will give you a new appreciation of him. After the month of posts is completed, I am sure I will be watching Vertigo one more time, if only to see it from a more informed perspective. I hope you will join me!

If you are new to my site, pick a name from the list on the right and read my post. Sorry the list is so long, but it seems my subject matter is quite extensive. Comments are always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a fantastic post, Allen, on the bit players, human and otherwise, featured in one of Hitchcock's great masterworks. Certainly his most ambitious film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you, Eve, for putting together what must be the finest tribute to a film ever done...at least in a blog!

    I know you worked long and hard to recruit the gaggle of writers, and then to format their posts to suit The Lady Eve's Reel Life, including all those wonderful pictures. And you added bios of the writers as well. Mine was spot on.

    Feel free to take February off!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts, but they will be monitored so keep it on topic.