Monday, March 28, 2011

Blog Labels Complete and J Chan

Whew!  I have finished adding labels to all of my posts.  And, by the way, this is post #250, in about 10 months of The Bit Part Actors Blog.  I started last May.

It was quite a task to add the labels.  I don't have unlimited time to devote to the job, but on the days I was not writing, I would go in and add to a few posts at a time.

I suppose I should have listed the names with the last name first, but you'll just have to deal with it!  A comma in the label field indicates the next label, so I couldn't add Bogart, Humphrey...it would be listed as two names.  I actually found that out the hard way.  I added the label for It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and had links to "It's a Mad," Two links to "Mad," and a link to "Mad World."  Gotta love it!

Then there is the problem of movies that start with "The."  Do I list The Dirty Dozen, or just Dirty Dozen.  You will have to look both places if you are looking for a title, because I wasn't very consistent.  As they say, "Consistency is the hobgoblin of foolish minds."  Or something is the hobgoblin...I don't know.

Back to my chosen topic.  The Bit Actress of the day is Jacqui Chan.  That's a great name for a martial artist, but she wasn't one.  She started out in 1955 and quickly made it into The World of Suzie Wong in 1960, and Cleopatra in 1963.  Her last big movie was Krakatoa: East of Java in 1969, but she continues to work. 

A web search returns a lot of hits for Jacki Chan, so there are few details about Jacqui.  Maybe she is just a notch above an extra, but I'll put her in as a Bit Actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts, but they will be monitored so keep it on topic.